Cannabis Infused Drink Recipes for Summer
Ahhhh…summertime! On a sunshiny day, you can often find us perched on a patio, enjoying a tall glass of something cold. The only thing that’s missing from this particular picture is a little cannabis to elevate the whole experience!
We’ve been asked many a time if you can combine alcohol and cannabis. The short answer is “yes”, but with a number of precautions. Infusing alcoholic beverages with cannabis requires an increased level of moderation and patience. Your body will have a delayed reaction to the THC when it is drank. Similar to eating edibles, it can take up to two hours to feel the effects. We recommend starting with a single, low dosage drink to see how your body reacts.
For the purpose of this blog post, we are going to focus on non-alcoholic drink options, as they are much easier to consume and just as refreshing!
Cannabis Infused Berry Smoothie
You may have seen this recipe in our other blog post, The Best Cannabis Recipes for Summer, but it’s so good we wanted to include it again!
Keep the summer heat at bay with a delicious cannabis infused smoothie! Play around with the ratio of berries, add in half a banana and a little extra coconut milk for a richer taste, or reduce the amount of tincture for a less potent smoothie.
Yields 2 servings
- 1.25 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1.5 cups raspberries
- 1.5 cups blueberries
- 1 eye dropper (33mg) of Mota Black MCT Oil Tincture
- 1 Tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 1 cup ice
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend away!
Cannabis Infused Honey Lavender Lemonade
What screams summer louder than lemonade? Ok, well, maybe ice cream, but we’ll infuse that later! This thirst quenching lavender lemonade is infused with Mota’s THC honey, producing a drink that is aromatic and pleasing to the taste buds.
Yields 6 servings
- ¼ cup Mota THC honey
- ¾ cup raw honey
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried culinary lavender (or ¼ cup fresh lavender blossoms, crushed)
- 6 lemons
- 5–6 cups water
- Additional lavender sprigs to garnish
- Bring 2 cups water to boil in a medium pan. Remove from heat and add honey, stirring to dissolve.
- Add the lavender to the honey water, cover, and let steep at least 20 minutes or up to several hours, to taste.
- Strain mixture and compost or discard lavender.
- Pour infusion into a large pitcher.
- Roll lemons firmly between your hands or the countertop to make juicing easier. Juice all lemons to yield one cup of juice.
- Pour lemon juice and water into large pitcher with the infused honey syrup. Mix well and serve over ice.
Please note: This lemonade recipe yields 6 servings with about a 16mg dose of THC per serving. If you prefer a lower dose, substitute a portion of the infused honey with more regular honey and adjust ratio to your preference.
CBD Infused Mango Mockarita (Non-Alcoholic)
While the above two recipes utilize THC, this delicious mango mockarita uses CBD. All of the benefits without the buzz!
- 2–3 slices ripe mango
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 1 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce agave nectar
- 2 ice cubes
- 10mg worth of CBDMove’s Mango Tincture
- Orange slice and sugar to garnish
- Add drink ingredients to a blender and purée until smooth.
- Wet rim of a cocktail glass with orange juice and dip rim in sugar.
- Pour margarita into cocktail glass, garnish, and serve.
Inspired by: Leafly
What’s your go to cannabis drink recipe?
Do you put cannabis in your morning coffee or tea? Maybe you enjoy an iced tea in the afternoon? We would love to try out your home recipes! Share them below.