Cannabis Infused Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
With Fall quickly approaching, it’s time to get into a cozy food mood! And what better way to start your day off than with a warm slice of cannabis infused chocolate chip banana bread?
Before beginning the following recipe, you will first need to make a batch of cannabis infused coconut oil. You can find the recipe for it HERE.
When making cannabis infused oil, we always use our Premium Shake, which can be purchased HERE.
When creating infused treats at home, it can be difficult to tell what the dosage per serving will be. The best thing to do is to make your cannabis infused oil or butter and test it out before using it in a recipe. Gauge how potent it is and adjust the amount used in the recipe according to your personal preferences. If you find that you want a lower dose in your banana bread, you can half the suggested amount and substitute it for regular coconut oil.
- 1/3 Cup Melted Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 2 Flax Eggs or Chicken Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Cup Smashed Bananas
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 3/4 Cup Gluten Free Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips, Walnuts, Toasted Sunflower Seeds, etc…
- Preheat oven 325° Fahrenheit (165° Celsius). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cannabis infused oil, honey, eggs and water.
- Stir in banana and vanilla until combined.
- Then add the salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Slowly fold in the flour and (optional) chocolate chips/walnuts/etc.
- Bake for approx 60 minutes or until golden on top and cooked all the way through. Insert a toothpick and check to see if it comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack for 30 minutes before slicing.
Recipe and image via Wake & Bake’s blog.