Cannabis Infused Christmas Recipes
The Christmas holidays are a wonderful time of year, often filled with copious amounts of food and drink. If you’re hosting a holiday party or dinner this year for your cannabis loving friends and family, we have some amazing cannabis infused Christmas recipes that you just have to try.
When creating cannabis infused recipes to be shared, keep everyone’s individual tolerance levels in mind. It’s best to make a lower dose dish that everyone can enjoy, than something so potent that some of your guests may be wary to try it. Plus, any guests who have a higher tolerance can always have a second helping!
A second consideration is alcohol. As alcohol will amplify the effects of cannabis (and vise versa), be sure to have non-alcoholic drink options available. For those who are less experienced with cannabis, it would be best to offer them a little education before indulging. Let them know that they won’t feel the effects of the infused Christmas recipes for up to 90 minutes and they may want to hold off on having a drink until then.
Finally, if your loved ones are consuming cannabis (and possibly alcohol) in your home, be sure they have a safe ride home! During the holidays, there are plenty of ride share options available, including having a designated driver, Operation Red Nose, Uber, Lyft, and many others. There’s never an excuse to drive under the influence. We want to ensure everyone gets home safe during the holidays (and the rest of the year!).
While there are any number of ways to include cannabis in your Christmas recipes, these five are our most favorite cannabis infused Christmas recipes. We hope that you love them as much as we do!
Cannabis Infused Mashed Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3 lbs yukon potatoes or russet potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 8 tbsp butter/cannabutter (this can be a mix of regular butter and cannabutter, or all cannabutter)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp salt and pepper
- Add the peeled and quartered potatoes to a large pot, with just enough cold water to cover the potatoes. Bring the pot to boil, then reduce to simmer. Cook until the potatoes are soft enough to pierce easily with a fork. Drain.
- Place the potatoes back into the pot and cover the potatoes for about 5 mins. Heat up the milk in a microwave or on the stove top until it’s hot.
- Pour the hot milk, softened butter/cannabutter and sour cream into the pot and mash until you get your desired consistency. If the mash is too thick, add a bit more milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Find our cannabutter recipe HERE.
Cannabis Infused Eggnog
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- The Healing Co.’s THC tincture (Purchase HERE)
- Dash of salt
- Dash of cinnamon for topping
You will also need a candy thermometer.
- Combine eggs and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to a saucepan and stir in whole milk, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Heat egg mixture over medium-low heat while stirring CONSTANTLY to prevent the milk from scorching or the eggs from scrambling. As the mixture heats up, it will thicken slightly.
- When mixture reaches 160 degrees on a candy thermometer, remove from heat and slowly whisk in the heavy whipping cream, THC tincture and vanilla extract.
- Cool slightly before tasting. Add more sugar or spices, if desired, before transferring to an airtight container.
- Mixture will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Refrigerate overnight or until thoroughly chilled. If the mixture happens to separate, which can happen, zap it in the blender or with an immersion blender to re-mix it.
- Serve in mugs and garnish with whipped cream, cinnamon sticks, or a dash of cinnamon.
Depending on your guest’s tolerance levels, you may wish to add a splash of rum or brandy to the recipe!
Cannabis Infused Stuffing
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3-4 stalks celery, diced
- 2/3 cup butter/cannabutter (this can be a mix of regular butter and cannabutter, or all cannabutter)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- black pepper and salt to taste
- 12 cups bread cubes
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter/cannabutter in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion, celery and poultry seasoning (and rosemary if using). Cook over medium-low until tender (do not brown), about 10-12 minutes.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Add onion mixture, parsley and fresh herbs.
- Pour broth overtop until cubes are moist (but not soggy) and gently toss. You may not need all of the broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in a serving dish, add additional butter to top and cover.
- Bake 35 minutes, uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Find our cannabutter recipe HERE.
Cannabis Infused Apple Cider
- 8 Gala apples
- Mota Black THC Tincture (Purchase HERE)
- 10 cups water
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cloves (whole)
- 1.5 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Core, peel, and dice apples and place them in a slow cooker. Add water, along with cinnamon, cloves, and all spice. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 4-5 hours. Cook until apples are tender.
- Add brown sugar, then mash apples and continue to cook on for 1-2 hours on low.
- Strain, then add THC tincture to the strained juice and stir well.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and serve.
Westcoast Bloom’s Dairy & Gluten Free Brownies
This recipe was the winner of The Healing Co.’s Great Pot Brownie Bake Off and is the perfect cannabis infused brownie for all your holiday parties! Recipe developed by Westcoast Bloom.
- 1/4 cup natural, unsalted almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp raw cane sugar
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (melted) infused cannabis coconut oil
- 1/8 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- OPTIONAL candy canes (candy canes are not included in Westcoast Bloom’s original recipe, but we thought they would be a festive addition!)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together nut butter, coconut sugar, raw honey and coconut oil (cannabis infused and non infused). Whisk until it resembles a caramel texture.
- Add raw cacao powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until well mixed and thick like frosting.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Whisk in vanilla, salt and eggs, until well incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the almond flour until you get the consistency of soft dough or very thick batter.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into the pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 28-36 mins.
- To make these feel more festive, we recommend crushing up a couple candy canes and sprinkling them on top while the brownies are cooling!
- Let cool for 1-2 hours, or until completely cool. Slice into 12-14 brownies and enjoy and chill out.
Find our cannabis infused coconut oil recipe HERE.